Gluten-Free Pickle-Brined Chicken Bites(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Perfectly marinated in pickle juice and coated in a gluten-free almond and arrowroot starch mix, these crispy juicy chicken bites can make a delicious appetizer, lunch or snack option. These are not only a hit with adults, but kids love them too! The crispy coating and mild flavor make them a kid-friendly snack that's perfect for lunchboxes or after-school snacks. Plus, they're a healthier alternative to fast food or processed chicken nuggets.
- 3 chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
Yield: 3 servings | Prep time: 35 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, place in a bowl, top with pickle juice and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Crack the egg into a shallow bowl, whisk with a fork.
3. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together almond flour, arrowroot starch, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Dip chicken pieces into egg, shake well to drip off the excess egg. Dredge in the flour mixture and gently shake off excess.
6. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side (the internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165F (74C).
7. Drain chicken bites on paper towel-lined plate or cooling rack.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Organic Chicken Breasts
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!