Green Bean Salad with Healthy Mustard Dressing(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Fresh, healthy and delicious salad with green beans, lettuce, corn, tomatoes, eggs and cheese. I tried a similar salad from Trader Joe’s a couple of times when traveling and I knew I had to recreate it. I’ve created this tasty, healthy mustard dressing to go with it. It goes so well with the veggies and eggs, providing creamy, amazing flavor. Easy, excellent salad.
- 4 eggs (hard boiled, sliced)
- 1 pound green beans (rinsed, trimmed)
- 1 romaine lettuce (head, chopped, or mixed greens)
- 1 1/3 cup corn (frozen)
- 20 grape tomatoes (washed)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
- ■■■■ DRESSING: ■■■■■
- 1/2 cup yogurt (Greek, plain)
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
To make perfect hard boiled eggs, I place eggs in a pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water begins to boil, I turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid and a towel. I leave the eggs covered for 15 minutes, then transfer them to a bowl with ice cold water.
1. Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add green beans to the boiling water, let cook for 5 minutes (until crisp-tender). Then drain the beans and rinse with cold water, to stop the cooking process. Cut into bite-size pieces. Chop romaine lettuce.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add corn to the skillet and stir occasionally until heated through, turn off the heat and let cool completely. This step kills the harmful bacteria that may live on corn surface.
3. In a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, until combined.
4. Place some chopped lettuce on each plate. Arrange green beans, corn, tomatoes, Cheddar cubes and sliced egg around the edge.
5. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Apple Cider Vinegar
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!