Sauteed String Beans(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
A quick and easy recipe to perk up ordinary green beans. Good for you, easy for prepare, beautiful on the plate and delicious. Garlic and fresh oregano give the dish a nice touch. Definitely worth trying for those who wants something different for a side dish. Serve with Chicken with Creamy Tomato Sauce.
- 16 ounces green beans
- 3 cloves garlic (medium)
- 1 cup tomatoes (cherry tomatoes)
- 3 oregano sprigs (stemmed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 3 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
1. Wash green beans and trim the ends. Mince garlic and stem oregano.
2. In a pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook for about 4 minutes (stirring occasionally, until beginning to char).
3. Season with salt and add 1/3 cup water. Cook another 3-4 minutes, until water evaporates (the beans should remain bright green and crisp-tender). Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
4. Wash grape tomatoes. Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the rest of the olive oil and grape tomatoes to the pan. Cook for a 1 minute, then add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
5. Sprinkle with oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
6. To plate, arrange the tomatoes next or on top of the beans. Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!