Healthy Baked Chicken Bites(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These healthy baked chicken bites (nuggets) are ridiculously easy to make. Made from just a few ingredients and spices, these chicken bites are Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and kid-friendly. My boys enjoy these even straight from the fridge after their swim and soccer practices. A perfect protein-packed addition to any meal. You’ll like the nice color they get from paprika and turmeric. Feel free to dip them in your favorite sauce!
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless; you can use chicken thighs, but make sure to cut off excess fat, so the crust doesn’t separate)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). You can also use a toaster oven for this recipe (no need to preheat then, but you may want to reduce temperature or cooking time).
2. Cut chicken into nugget-sized pieces. Put in a bowl, add oil and toss to coat.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, garlic powder, paprika, salt, turmeric and black pepper.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dredge each chicken piece in the flour mixture. Use your hands to pat coating gently onto all sides of each nugget. Transfer to the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 7-10 minutes (until the thickest part hits 165F (74C)).
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!