Low-carb Chicken with Flavorful Cauliflower Rice(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This delicious and healthy recipe for Spiced Chicken and Riced Cauliflower Skillet is perfect for those who are looking for a low-carb and gluten-free meal. Juicy chicken thighs are seasoned with cumin and smoked paprika, and then baked to perfection. The flavorful cauliflower rice is made with onions, bell peppers, garlic, kalamata olives, and a blend of aromatic spices like cumin, Italian seasoning, and turmeric. The dish is finished with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, adding a burst of freshness and color. This easy-to-make meal is perfect for a weeknight dinner or for meal prepping.
- ■■■■ CHICKEN: ■■■■■
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ■■■■ RICE: ■■■■■
- 16 ounces cauliflower (riced, frozen)
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (green, finely chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives (drained, rinsed, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- cilantro (chopped, for serving)
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 380F (~190C).
2. Season chicken with smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken (skin side down) and sear for 5 minutes, turn and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes (the internal temperature should be at least 175F (80C)).
5. While the chicken is baking, add chopped onion and pepper to the same skillet. Stir well to remove any stuck pieces from the bottom. Cook for about 5 minutes, add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
6. Add cauliflower rice, tomato paste, sliced olives, cumin, Italian seasoning, turmeric and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve riced cauliflower topped with chicken and cilantro.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Organic Chicken Thighs
Frozen Riced Cauliflower
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!