Paleo Brussels Sprouts and Bacon(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
When cooked properly, Brussels sprouts taste fantastic. In this easy recipe, Brussels are seared in a pan, the medium-high heat caramelizes their natural sugars bringing out an amazing flavor. It’s my go-to, quick and easy side dish, Whole30 compliant and Paleo friendly. On top of that, Brussels sprouts are a great source of vitamins K, C, folate and fiber. Now let’s cook!!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts (tough ends cut off, each Brussels sprout cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add chopped bacon. Cook until crispy, then remove to a plate, lined with a paper towel. Leave the fat in the skillet.
2. Add the halved Brussels sprouts to the skillet (preferably cut side down). Sear for about 5-7 minutes, until you get a nice brown color. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to turn them over and cook for another 5 minutes. Toss again, lower the heat to medium, and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until tender inside.
3. Top with crispy bacon pieces and enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!
Sprouts and baconGuest