Pear Kompot (Pear Drink)(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Kompot is a traditional drink in Central and Eastern European countries, especially Bulgaria, Poland and Russia. Pear kompot is a healthy homemade drink that is very easy to make.
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 5 pears
- 5 tablespoons sugar (or more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Yield: 7 cups | Prep time: 1 hour, 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
1. In a medium pot, bring the water to boil and add sugar.
2. Wash and core the pears, cut into quarters or into thick slices.
3. Add the pears and lemon juice to the pot and cook over medium-high heat until the water starts boiling.
4. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let the kompot cool and infuse.
5. Serve chilled or warm. Store in refrigerator.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!