1. Prepare basic flaky pie crust. Click on this link for the recipe.
Roll the dough out into 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan. Place in the fridge.
2. Wash and halve pumpkin, remove the seeds. Peel it and cut the flesh into small cubes. Place in a pot, cover with water and boil for about 20 minutes, or until tender. (Optionally, halve it, place cut sides down and bake in oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 1 1/2 hours, or until tender, then scrape the pumpkin flesh from the peel). Mash cooked pumpkin.
3. Measure the necessary amount of ice cream and let it stand at room temperature.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
5. Whisk together eggs, cool pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add ice cream and whisk until thoroughly combined.
6. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and bake for another 35 minutes, or until set in the middle. Allow to cool completely before serving.