1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Place it in a pot of cold water (use enough to cover). Bring to a boil, Reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook for 40 minutes. (Optionally, cook in a grill pan over medium-high heat, 5 minutes per side). Let cool.
2. Place eggs in a pot, fill the pot with cold water to cover the eggs. Bring the water to boil, over high heat. Reduce the heat and boil the eggs for 10 minutes to get hard boiled eggs. Chill the eggs by placing them under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water.
3. Shred the chicken meat with your fingers (or using 2 forks) and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces. Add to the chicken.
5. Peel and cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Then slice each half. Put on top of the lettuce.
6. Add the grated cheese, garlic croutons and toss all the ingredients.
7. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
8. Pour the dressing over each portion and serve.