Russian Apple Sharlotka Pie(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This Russian Apple Pie is one of the easiest cakes you'll ever make. This is the cake my mom used to make a lot when I was a kid. It comes out so soft and moist, and I like that it's not too sweet. For a slightly healthier version, I use unbleached flour and coconut sugar in this recipe (white sugar and bleached flour can be used instead). Kids love it for breakfast with a cup of milk. I wish there were leftovers, but there never are with this one!
- 6 apples
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour (I used unbleached)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Yield: 8 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
1. Whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla (you can use a mixer). Combine soda and flour, gradually add to the egg mixture, constantly stirring to avoid lumps.
2. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
3. Peel and core apples, cut into quarters, then cut quarters into thin slices.
4. Layer the apples in a 9-inch round cake pan (previously buttered). Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with lemon juice. If your apples are not sweet enough, you can sprinkle them with some sugar.
5. Pour the batter over apples, covering them all.
6. Bake for about 40 - 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Serve with milk or tea.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!
Honey @ The Girl Next ShoreGuest