Russian Meat Patties (Kotlety)(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Kotlety are very popular in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Most people eat them at least once a week. Russian kotlety can be made from different ground meat: beef, pork, chicken or even turkey. This recipe is very easy but the patties are very delicious and sure to please everyone! They go really well with mashed potatoes or pasta.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion (grated)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (I used Panko)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
Yield: 6 patties | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
1. In a large bowl, mix together bread crumbs and milk. Add ground beef, grated onion, egg and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper (to taste). Mix thoroughly.
2. With your hands, form meat mixture into flat patties and dredge both sides in flour. You will have about 6 patties, or more if you want them smaller. Let rest a few minutes.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Fry kotleti until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes per side).
4. Add water, cover and cook another 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!