Seared Sea Scallops with Sauce(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Tender sea scallops with a light crust outside, topped with flavorful sauce and garnished with a mixture of golden brown bread crumbs, orange zest and parsley. My friend Anna Owens shared this recipe with me.
- 10 sea scallops (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 5 1/2 tablespoons bread crumbs (plain)
- orange zest (1 orange per 2 servings)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon parsley (fresh, finely chopped for garnish)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- orange juice (1 1/2 orange per 2 servings)
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 5 parsley sprigs
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Yield: 2 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
1. Season sea scallops with salt and pepper, sprinkle with rapeseed oil. Sear for 3-4 minutes on one side, turn and sear for 1 more minute.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a blender, combine mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, vinegar, orange juice, thyme, parsley and jalapeno pepper. Add olive oil and puree the sauce ingredients until smooth.
3. Put a skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and a few drops of olive oil. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved parsley and orange zest. Stir and remove from heat.
4. Serve the scallops topped with sauce and garnished with bread crumbs mixture.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!