Simple and Juicy Roasted Chicken(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
The juiciest roast chicken you've ever tasted. The secret is in stuffing the cavity with garlic, lemon and onion. Try this recipe and you will be very pleasantly surprised! I have made it numerous times and it has never failed me. Every time I make it, my family literally sucks the meat right off the chicken.
- 1 chicken (mine was between 5 and 5 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 1/2 onion (large)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- rosemary (dry)
- thyme (dry, or parsley)
Yield: 1 chicken | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees F (210 degrees C).
2. Remove the chicken giblets (if there are any). Rinse the chicken with cold water (inside and out) and pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Place the chicken in a roasting pan (breast side up). Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon over the chicken. Stuff the cavity with onion, garlic, the used lemon and the second half of it.
4. Season with salt and pepper on all sides and sprinkle with rosemary and thyme (I often use parsley, but this time ran out of it).
5. Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes, not covering, until done (for me this time is perfect to get the chicken that is moist inside and deep golden brown outside).
6. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes (this step is important as it allows juices to stay in the meat).
7. Transfer to a cutting board, lice and enjoy!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!