1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees F (210 degrees C).
2. Remove the chicken giblets (if there are any). Rinse the chicken with cold water (inside and out) and pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Place the chicken in a roasting pan (breast side up). Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon over the chicken. Stuff the cavity with onion, garlic, the used lemon and the second half of it.
4. Season with salt and pepper on all sides and sprinkle with rosemary and thyme (I often use parsley, but this time ran out of it).
5. Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes, not covering, until done (for me this time is perfect to get the chicken that is moist inside and deep golden brown outside).
6. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes (this step is important as it allows juices to stay in the meat).
7. Transfer to a cutting board, lice and enjoy!