Whole30 Kale Soup(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
A hearty and satisfying kale soup made in one pot. I first came upon this when looking through one of the Whole30 Cookbooks, tried it and it has immediately become one of my favorite whole30 soups along with Ham and Potato Soup with Leeks
. It's full of flavor, easy to make and good for you.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 4 cups kale (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Yield: 5 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1. In a large bowl, combine ground pork, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add pork, onion and garlic, cook stirring constantly and breaking up the meat with a spatula, until it's browned evenly.
3. Stir in chicken broth, water, thyme, undrained tomatoes and potatoes. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add kale and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!