Blanched Broccoli with Easy Tomato Sauce(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Tired of basic steamed broccoli? This is a great and easy way you can bring new life to broccoli. This tomato sauce is ridiculously good and so easy to make, personally, I really like eating it straight with a spoon. Serve with Pork Tenderloin
or Chicken Breasts
for a healthy meal perfect for busy weeknights.
- 4 cups broccoli (florets)
- 2 tomatoes (large, ripe)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 8 minutes | Cook time: 7 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
1. Blanch broccoli. Place broccoli in a heat proof bowl. Boil water in an electric kettle and pour boiling water over broccoli, I use enough water to cover the florets. Let stand for 5 minutes then drain. Sprinkle broccoli with salt and toss.
2. Cut each tomato in half. Grate tomatoes with the large holes of a box grater (the skins will be conveniently left behind in your hand).
3. Add finely grated garlic, oil and lemon juice to tomatoes. Season with salt to taste.
4. Pour the sauce over broccoli and toss to coat. Serve.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!