Frozen Chicken Breasts, Instant Pot(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This is the BEST recipe on how to cook frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. Every bite is so juicy and tender. The recipe is unbelievably easy and is one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. Try it and I won't be surprised if you say you will NEVER cook chicken any other way ever again ;)
- 3 chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1 cup water
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
Yield: 3 chicken breasts | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 22 minutes | Total time: 32 minutes
Notes: I used frozen Organic Chicken Breasts from Costco, mine were about 8 oz each. If your chicken breasts are larger, you may want to increase cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
If you use fresh chicken breasts, decrease time by 3-4 minutes. Just make sure to reach 165 F for doneness. If your chicken is 160 F, it will reach 165 F as it rests.
*I usually save the cooking liquid to use later in soups.
1. Separate frozen chicken breasts (if necessary). Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and Italian seasoning on all sides.
2. Add 1 cup water to the pot and put the trivet in it. Place the chicken breasts on the trivet.
3. Close the lid and set the valve to the sealing position. It will take about 10 minutes for your pressure cooker to reach pressure.
4. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then open the lid.
5. Let rest for 3-5 minutes and enjoy! (Safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 F).
Products I recommend for this recipe
Organic Chicken Breasts
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!