Green Beans and Spinach in Coriander Tomato Sauce(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This green beans dish is so flavorful, easy to prepare and is loaded with veggies (= healthy). You will feel so good about serving this to the people you love! I find these veggies especially good when at room temperature.
Looking for more ways to cook green beans? You can also try our popular Green Beans with Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 pound green beans (washed, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 ounces spinach (rinsed and chopped)
- 1/2 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14,5 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dry, ground)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
Yield: 5 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
1. Rinse green beans, trim and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Rinse and chop spinach.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and boil them for about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water (to stop the process of cooking).
3. Finely chop onion and mince garlic. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Then add coriander and minced garlic, cook for another minute.
4. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Cook for 5 minutes. Then add black beans and spinach, cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Add green beans, cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir, then let stand for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!