Ground Beef Patties with Onion and Cauliflower(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
My kids love these ground beef and veggie patties and they don’t even know that I use cauliflower instead of bread. Paleo, Whole30 and gluten-free, they make a healthy, tasty addition to any meal. Precook them, then heat and eat with whatever else you feel like, our favorite options are: mashed potatoes and dill pickles, baked potato wedges
, roasted vegetables
, gluten free pasta, or even with eggs for breakfast.
- 1 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (medium, grated)
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower (riced, packed; I had frozen cauliflower rice, defrosted then removed excess liquid)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Yield: 13 patties | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
For this recipe, I used one pack of Kirkland Signature Organic Ground Beef from Costco (85% Lean / 15% Fat).
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cauliflower rice, grated onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add egg and mix everything well with your hands (you can use disposable food grade gloves).
2. Form the meat mixture into patties. Put almond flour on a large plate and dredge all sides of the patties in flour, shaking off excess.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the patties on both sides, until light golden brown.
5. Transfer patties to a baking sheet (previously lined with parchment paper) and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes (until internal temperature reaches 165F (75C)).
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!