Turkey and Pork Patties (Kotleti)(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These turkey and pork patties or kotleti are so comforting, especially when served with mashed potatoes
. My kids love them. You can easily double the recipe, as they reheat and freeze really well. Hope you and your family enjoy the recipe.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 onion (grated)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (for meat mixture, I used Italian style breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (to coat meatballs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
Yield: 21 patty | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey and pork, grated onion, egg, milk, breadcrumbs (the amount listed for meat mixture), salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
2. Form the meat mixture into round patties (about 1 - 1 1/2 inch each). Dredge each patty in bread crumbs (to coat on all sides) and flatten a little bit.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry patties until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side (depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook them in batches, or use 2 skillets).
4. Add water, cover with lid and cook on low heat for another 10 minutes.