1. In a bowl, combine grated onion, chopped parsley, salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper and ground cloves.
2. Add ground beef and mix well using your hands (you can use disposable food grade gloves).
3. Shape the beef mixture into 10 logs (you can make fewer but longer logs if you prefer, they shrink when cooked).
4. These kebabs can be cooked in a skillet, on a grill or in the oven. I cooked mine in a cast iron grill skillet to get the nice grilling marks (for 3-4 minutes per side),
then finished in the Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven (10 min at 380F (190C)).
5. If using an outdoor grill, cook for 5-7 minutes per side (this method gives the best flavor). If using oven only, bake at 380F (190С) for about 15-17 minutes, the internal temperature of the beef should reach 165F (74C).
6. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or cauliflower rice complemented by a simple salad; or serve on pita with hummus (the traditional way).