Russian Meatball Soup(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Russian meatball soup is usually called in Russia "Soup with frikadelki". It's a flavorful, healthy and hearty soup. I use ground beef for the meatballs in this recipe, but you can use ground pork or even chicken instead.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 2 potatoes (large, cut into small cubes)
- 1/4 cup rice (rinsed, you can use cauliflower rice for Whole30)
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 carrot (grated or chopped)
- 1 onion (chop half of it, keep second half as one piece)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- parsley (finely chopped)
- dill (finely chopped)
Yield: 5 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1. Bring water to a boil. Add rice, celery and onion half; reduce heat to medium low.
2. Cut the potatoes into small cubes and add to the water.
3. In a separate bowl, mix ground beef and minced garlic, add a little bit of fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Using your hands, form small meatballs.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat and sear the meatballs until browned (about 5 minutes). Add to the soup. (I prefer to sear meatballs in order to get a clearer broth).
5. In a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute onions and carrots for about 5 minutes, or until onions become soft and translucent. Add to the soup.
6. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Remove celery and onion half. Turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped parsley and dill. Serve hot.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!