1. Bring water to a boil. Add rice, celery and onion half; reduce heat to medium low.
2. Cut the potatoes into small cubes and add to the water.
3. In a separate bowl, mix ground beef and minced garlic, add a little bit of fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Using your hands, form small meatballs.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat and sear the meatballs until browned (about 5 minutes). Add to the soup. (I prefer to sear meatballs in order to get a clearer broth).
5. In a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute onions and carrots for about 5 minutes, or until onions become soft and translucent. Add to the soup.
6. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Remove celery and onion half. Turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped parsley and dill. Serve hot.