Pork Liver with Onions(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
If you like liver, you will love this easy and delicious way of cooking it. Even if you don't like liver, try this pork liver with onions recipe and you might learn to like it. Moreover, liver is a good source of vitamin A, iron, zinc, and a very good source of protein, vitamin D, vitamin C, riboflavin, vitamin B6, folate, phosphorus, selenium and other vitamins. So this is definitely a healthy recipe!
- 1 pound pork liver
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 onion (peeled)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- pepper (to taste)
Yield: 4 Servings | Prep time: 40 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes | Total time: 52 minutes
1. Rinse liver and remove thin outer membrane (if there is any). Slice the liver into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
2. Soak the liver slices in milk for 1/2 - 1 hr.
3. Cut the onion into rings and then cut the rings into quarters.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil.
5. Dredge the liver slices in flour and brown (for about 3 minutes per side).
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add onion and cook until onion is soft (about 5 minutes). Be careful not to overcook, or liver will be tough.
7. Serve with mashed potatoes or any other of your favorite side dish, to taste.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!