Easy Parsley Salad (Tabbouleh) Recipe(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
A light and refreshing salad with parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber and green onions. A good splash of olive oil and lemon juice finish it off beautifully. This is the food you feel good about. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to bring up more flavors. It holds nicely in the fridge, so you can make it ahead. Works great for picnics or potlucks. Note: if not on Whole30, you can also add 1/2 - 1 cup of cooked couscous or bulgur.
- 4 cups parsley (finely chopped, I had 3 bunches)
- 1 1/4 cup mint (finely chopped, I had 1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cucumber (small, finely chopped, I used Persian cucumber)
- 3 1/2 cups tomatoes (chopped, I used cherry tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Yield: 7 servings | Prep time: 25 minutes |
1. Finely chop parsley (make sure it's dry before you start chopping it, any extra liquid will make the salad soggy).
2. Finely chop mint.
3. Chop tomatoes, remove any excess liquid.
4. Finely chop cucumber and green onions.
5. In a large bowl, mix together vegetables and herbs. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, mix well. Try and add more salt if necessary. The flavor will improve if the salad sits for a few hours.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!