Easy Parsley Salad (Tabbouleh) Recipe(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
A light and refreshing side salad with lots of parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber and green onions. A good splash of olive oil and simple lemon juice finish it off beautifully. Also known as tabouli salad, it's a staple in the cuisine of the Middle East.
This is the food you feel good about. It doesn't require much time and is a great addition or side dish to any main course. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to bring up more flavors.
It holds nicely in the fridge in an airtight container, so you can make it ahead. It's a fresh salad that works great for picnics or potlucks, I usually make a double batch.
Note: if not on Whole30, you can also add 1/2 - 1 cup of cooked couscous or bulgur wheat.
This Easy Parsley Salad pairs perfectly with meaty main dishes like Serbian Cevapi Sausages or Middle Eastern Beef Kafta.
- 4 cups parsley (finely chopped, I had 3 bunches)
- 1 1/4 cup mint (finely chopped, I had 1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cucumber (small, finely chopped, I used Persian cucumber)
- 3 1/2 cups tomatoes (chopped, I used cherry tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Yield: 7 servings | Prep time: 25 minutes |
1. Finely chop fresh parsley (important tip: make sure the parsley is dry before you start chopping it, any extra liquid will make the salad soggy; you can use paper towels to pat it dry).
2. Finely chop fresh mint leaves.
3. Chop tomatoes, remove any excess liquid.
4. Finely chop cucumber and green onions.
5. In a large bowl, mix together vegetables and fresh herbs. Add lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper, mix well. Try and add more salt if necessary. The flavor will improve if the salad sits for a few hours.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!